SUNDAY 9 DECEMBER 2018
NOTE: Date, Venues and lineup may change.
If you are interested in applying for a Food or Market stall, please email: email@example.com
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
- AGE RECOMMENDATIONS
- SAFETY @ GOOD THINGS
- SECURITY @ GOOD THINGS
- EMERGENCY EVACUATION
- FIRST AID
- CAN I BRING MY CAMERA?
- WATER STATIONS
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT INFORMATION
- DISABLED ACCESS INFORMATION
- PASS OUTS
- CLOAK ROOM
1. AGE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Good Things Festival (GTF) is a licensed event recommended for a mature audience.
- GTF recommends that young people between 15 and 17 are accompanied by an adult (ie; someone over 18 who is a parent, sibling, friend or legal guardian) and each person attending must have their own valid ticket.
- Children between 12 and 15 mustbe accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must have their own valid ticket.
- GTF has the capacity to be very loud, have high intensity crowd movements, bands that may use profanities in their performance and patrons drinking alcohol. Children under 12 will not be admitted as GTF cannot guarantee the health and safety of small children. It is also likely that the liquor permit will also disallow children.
- In the event that you are assessed at entry as being under 15 years, you will be required to be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian (over 18) on entry. Your guardian will be asked to register their details and sign a waiver. If you are found at the event without the guardian, you and your guardian may be ejected from the event for breach of safety.
- We strongly recommend that you do not attend the show with any child under 12. If you have any questions with regard to attending the event with an infant please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending.
- Under 18 attendance at this event is currently subject to approval by liquor licencing authorities.
2. SAFETY @ GOOD THINGS
- You must have current Photo ID to enter. All patrons must have a ticket and it is an offence to enter the venue without a ticket.
- Photo ID is required purchase alcohol regardless of your age. It is illegal to provide minors with alcohol and anyone caught doing so may be prosecuted and ejected.
- Some of the artists appearing at Good Things may use lyrics, language or gestures whilst entertaining that some people may find offensive. If such language or behavior concerns you, please do not attend. If you believe such language or behavior is unsuitable for minors, please do not allow them to attend.
- Remember to bring ID, your ticket, important phone numbers, sun block, any medication you may need, a hat, charged mobile phone, pen, still camera. If you have any chronic conditions or illness (ie asthma, diabetes, epilepsy) be sure to carry information regarding your condition & emergency contact number on you at all times.
- Allow enough time to get to & into the show. It can take some time to get through the gates & security checks depending on the time of day so please be patient.
- Make sure you dress in accordance with the weather forecast. Wear sensible shoes & clothes and bring a rain coat if need.
- We have been told to expect the constabulary and canine associates to make one of their customary festival appearances. You may be sniffed at inside and outside the show and even at car parks or public transport hubs. Possession and/or consumption of illegal substances will not be allowed.
- Any patron found to be unduly intoxicated or under the influence of drugs on arrival or within the venue will be referred to police or security as the case may be.
- A small bag or backpack is allowed but remember that it will take longer to get into the show & if you want to cloak it in, it will add more queues to your day.
- Check the ticket conditions for restricted items conditions such as Video cameras, alcohol & umbrellas. No spike collars, studded belts etc will be allowed.
- Make sure you pace yourself, drink plenty of water, eat some food that will give you some energy & be sure to get rest, when you can, to maximize your enjoyment on the day.
- You are permitted to bring 1 empty water bottle and a reasonable amount of food like sandwiches to the show. However, please do remember that we’re most likely in for a long day and food can spoil. There will be free water stations located within the event site to re-fill your empty bottles once inside.
3. SECURITY @ GOOD THINGS
Whether it’s entering, leaving or in the festival you will be required to abide by any reasonable request or command from event security. Remember that they are primarily there to keep the entire festival safe. If you need help or see someone needing help please notify security straight away. Crowd surfing, moshing & circle dancing are dangerous activities & will not be tolerated. Offenders will either be banned from the area or possibly removed from the site. GTF will not accept violence in any form and any incidence of violence will result in immediate removal from the site.
4. EMERGENCY EVACUATION
Under extreme & unlikely circumstances a building, area or the entire site may be required to be evacuated or cleared. It will be imperative for you to follow all instructions & directions from emergency services, police, fire brigade & / or the security that would be requested of you in such a situation. Remember these people are only there to help, so please pay attention.
5. FIRST AID
There will be First Aid located at or next to the Stages to treat people who are genuinely ill or have injured themselves on the day. Try to minimize your demands on them if it does not relate to real issues as they have a very long and demanding day. More than 50% of all First Aid Calls are related to cut feet and sunburn – please wear shoes and bring sunblock.
6. CAN I BRING MY CAMERA
No professional photography equipment is permitted however point and click cameras and mobile phones are fine. No recording devices of any kind will be permitted.
7. FREE WATER STATIONS
There will be free water stations located around the site. Please ask security or consult the site map.
8. PUBLIC TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Trains: Regular train services operate from all points to Fortitude Valley Station which is a 5 min walk to the Brisbane Showgrounds. Last train to all stops departs at 11pm.
Cars: There are multiple parking stations located in the Valley, please park and walk. There is no parking in or around the site, be aware that you will be towed to ensure access for emergency services.
Charter Bus & Coach: There is no bus service to the event. Regular buses run from all points to the Valley, where you can walk into the event. The last buses depart as per usual schedule. There will be a dedicated set down area for bus and coach groups so please check back this site closer to event.
Taxi and Ride Share: There will be a dedicated set down area for Taxi and Ride share, please check back this site closer to event.
Limousines: There will be NO dedicated set down area for limousines, please do not attempt to arrive at the event precinct in a limousine as you will be turned away.
GTF will be an accessible friendly event as much as we can possibly make it. There will be an accessible viewing area at each stage area. Disabled toilets are available around the site.
We suggest that you are accompanied by a friend as with all major events navigating through the crowds can be difficult and we recommend that you stay clear of the mosh pits. As long as you plan your day and leave a bit of extra time to move between stages there is absolutely no reason why you should not have a great day and be able to see the bands you love.
We understand that some people have a need for a full time carer. GTF will allow a valid ticket holder one free entry ticket for their legitimate carer. Please present to the event box office on event day with your valid ticket, your Carer and current Carers Card or written proof of your Carer status as a Carer and we will allow you one free ticket.
GTF believes we are all equal. There will be no discounted tickets for children, babies, pensioners or members of the venue association etc.
RNA Brisbane Showground is subject to state public smoking law enforced by QLD HEALTH.
Designated smoking areas will be available for patrons to smoke. Please don’t smoke in or around the venue except in designated areas.
Brisbane City Council have local laws to discourage people from littering on the street. Note that previous events at RNA have had BCC inspectors issuing on the spot fines to patrons who are outside the venue on the way in. This includes drink containers and smoking butts.
Please use the receptacles provided.
14. PASS OUTS
No pass outs will be issued unless otherwise advised.
15. CLOAK ROOM
There will be a cloak room on site to check in your bags however it will cost you to take the bag in and out again each time.
These FAQ’s are supplied to patrons as information about the event. Upon purchase of a ticket you will be asked to abide by and accept both the Event Terms and Conditions and the Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency or error, the Terms and Conditions shall take precedence over these FAQ’s.
Enjoy your Good Things!